England's White Dragon

England's White Dragon
England's true Flag

Wednesday 26 January 2011

CAN ANYONE HELP Soldier get married?

Soldier's marriage proposal from Afghanistan goes to wrong number
email the London Times let’s find Samantha

london.times@london.com

Soldier calling Samantha; Samantha, where are you? Your soldier boyfriend, whos deployed in Afghanistan, wants to marry you. He's proposed, Samantha. But we know you didn't get his phone message, because Diane Potts, a 44-year-old mother of three did. And she's certain she doesn't have a boyfriend in Afghanistan who wants to marry her.

According to media reports, Diane Potts came home last Thursday to her home in England the city of Gateshead, checked her answering machine and heard this:

"I love you so much, I love you with all my heart and I was going to ask you don’t answer, obviously you can’t answer, but will you marry me?"

Listen to the soldier's message

"I could tell he was speaking from a phone booth, the line was quite crackly. I was shocked, and had to listen to it again before the message sunk in," Potts told the Daily Mail. "I think he probably dialled incorrectly, and that his girlfriend’s number is similar to mine."

Unless Samantha or the soldier come forth after reports of the call were splashed across the British press Wednesday, it could be awhile before the soldier can make his pitch again.

"He said he would not be able to ring for another month, and would not be home for another three months," Potts told the Daily Mail.

In the 90-second message, the soldier also talks about losing a comrade in recent fighting.

"One of my guys has just been blown up, so I feel sad, I really feel sad," he says on the tape.

Samantha is also apparently pregnant.

"I can’t wait until you give birth to my baby, my little soldier," the soldier says. "I will do everything in my heart and I will try my hardest to fight to protect you."

Then he's back to the fight.

"I've got to go back out here now. I love you with all my heart, don't ever forget that, I love you, all right Samantha, I love you, bye, bye," the phone message ends.

Potts says she hopes Samantha and the soldier connect soon, according to reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment